As a homeowner, you know that you can’t just turn your air conditioner on and assume it’s going to run perfectly all year long. In addition to calling air conditioning companies in Mabank, TX for maintenance each spring, there are a couple of things you need to do yourself throughout the year to ensure you don’t run into any issues, and that your unit is as energy efficient as possible. This post will cover a few of the easy AC maintenance steps you can take by yourself:
- Cleaning: Keeping your AC clean is one of the most important things you can do as a homeowner when it comes to the health of your HVAC. Luckily, cleaning your unit isn’t all that tricky if you know what you’re doing. Be sure to keep the outdoor condenser cleared of leaves, twigs and other debris. Any blockages will result in poor performance and potential breakdowns.
- Drainage lines: Your condensation drainage line allows all that moisture that builds up in your AC to flow away, preventing mold and mildew buildup. Unfortunately, these lines are prone to clogging up due to that mold and mildew. Blockages prevent your unit from functioning properly and necessitate an expensive repair call. The good news is that you can potentially clean those lines out and save yourself a few hundred bucks. Be sure to check and clean your lines once or twice a year.
- Filters: An AC’s filters ensure dust and debris don’t enter your system and wreak havoc on the tiny components. Filters also get dirty really quickly, which is why they need to be changed or cleaned once a month or so. Check with your HVAC pro to see which kind of filter your unit requires, and be sure to swap it out at the start of each month.
When should I call a pro?
Even though you’ve read the advice above and maybe even tinkered with your AC from time to time, you’re still not an HVAC pro! Here are a few of the times you should bring in the professionals instead of doing it yourself:
- Routine maintenance: As mentioned above, calling your HVAC pro each spring is the best way to ensure your AC will function properly throughout the spring and summer. During routine yearly maintenance, your HVAC technician will clean your whole system and check to make sure nothing looks amiss and your unit won’t suddenly break down in the near future.
- First signs of issues: Regardless of how well you maintain your AC, you’ll probably still have some sort of issues with it every now and then. The first thing to remember is to call the pros as soon as you notice something is awry. Whether it’s a strange sound or smell coming from your system, or if your air doesn’t seem to be as cool as it usually is, call an HVAC contractor as soon as possible. The longer you wait to make repairs, the more expensive it’ll likely be to fix your system.
The next time you’re searching for air conditioning companies in Mabank, TX, look no further than Ken’s Comfort Zone Air Conditioning. Whether you need a simple tune-up or new installation, we’re your number one choice for an HVAC contractor!
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Companies
This post was written by Writer