Central heating and air conditioners require seasonal professional maintenance to perform their best. However, you can’t just wait for your HVAC pro to come around each spring and fall for a tune-up—you also have to perform air filter replacements in Mabank, TX every month or so. Keep reading to learn the reasons for regular filter replacement:
- Prevent HVAC damage: An air filter’s job is to prevent dust and debris from entering the system and wreaking havoc on all of its delicate components. Neglecting to change your air filter reduces its ability to block these contaminants, which puts your system at risk. Pay a few dollars for a new filter instead of a couple hundred to repair AC or furnace damage!
- Extend HVAC lifespan: If your system isn’t constantly bombarded with dirt and debris, it stands to reason that it’ll last longer. Nobody wants to pay for a new HVAC system any sooner than they absolutely have to, so save yourself a ton of money by replacing your filters when necessary! Check your owner’s manual or contact an HVAC technician to see when the filter should be replaced.
- Improve energy efficiency: A system with a dirty filter has to work harder to force out hot or cold air. The harder a system works, the more energy it uses up, drastically increasing your bill. You may be able to save a few hundred dollars throughout the year by replacing your air filters.
- Better temperature control: Are you constantly adjusting your thermostat because it’s either too hot or too cold inside? A dirty air filter may be to blame. HVAC systems have a difficult time regulating airflow when filters get dirty. You’re sure to be more comfortable temperature-wise when you swap out that dirty filter.
- Healthier air: Finally, air filter replacements in Mabank, TX can help improve the air quality inside your home. Though it’s not their primary responsibility, air filters can block pollutants like dust and pollen from circulating inside. Regularly replacing filters can make it easier for those with allergies and respiratory conditions to breathe.
Consider upgrading your air filters
There are a variety of different air filters on the market, and they’re not all created equal. The cheapest and most common filters are made of fiberglass, and they’re meant more for protecting your HVAC system than the air inside your home. Plenty of dust and other pollutants will still circulate inside if you’re using standard fiberglass filters.
If you want to block these pollutants and protect your lungs, upgrade to high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters. They’re recommended by the U.S. Department of Energy and block nearly 98 percent of contaminants from circulating in the air.
Hire Ken’s Comfort Zone Air Conditioning for ultimate protection
Regular air filter replacement in Mabank, TX isn’t the only thing you need to do to keep your system in tip-top shape. Be sure to call our team at Ken’s Comfort Zone Air Conditioning for a routine tune-up! A maintenance call for your AC in the spring and a furnace tune-up in the fall will do wonders for your entire HVAC system.
This post was written by Writer