Your HVAC system needs to be inspected regularly in order to ensure safe, efficient operation all year round. When the weather starts warming up, it’s time to call your local HVAC contractor for a cooling system inspection in Mabank, TX. Otherwise, you risk your air conditioner going out in the middle of a long, hot Texas summer.
When your HVAC contractor comes out to inspect your unit, they’ll look at everything from the hardware to how efficiently the system is running. Here’s a basic overview of what we check during a cooling system inspection—and keep in mind that most inspections aren’t limited to these items. At Ken’s Comfort Zone Air Conditioning, we make sure to cover all the basics and go the extra mile, so you never suffer a summer without AC:
- Thermostat: First, we’ll make sure your thermostat is operating properly, whether you’re using an older version or have installed a brand-new smart thermostat—if it’s not working properly, the rest of your air conditioner won’t function.
- Filter: Next, we check the air filter. Does it need to be replaced? If so, we’ll change it out for you. If not, we’ll let you know whether it’s getting close to time for a replacement. We can also advise you regarding the best filter for your needs.
- Electrical components: After the thermostat and filter, we check all of your electrical components, including fuses, wires, connectors and contacts. If any wires or fuses are damaged, or the contact plates are burned or pitted, we’ll go ahead and replace those on the spot.
- Leaks: Looking for leaks is a key part of any cooling inspection, whether it’s air, refrigerant or condensation. We inspect all your lines and connections for leaks and replace them if necessary.
- Condenser coil: Next, we check your condenser coil and scrub that off if necessary.
- Ducts: Clean, sealed ductwork is a big part of efficient air conditioner operation. We’ll take a look at all your ductwork for energy loss and air leaks. If they need to be sealed, we can discuss your options right away.
- Flush and clean: Next, we’ll flush your condensate drain and treat it with anti-algae tablets, if necessary, clean your drain pan and replace any parts needed.
- Refrigerant: Your air conditioner depends not just on having refrigerant, but on having enough refrigerant to serve your whole system. We’ll check the operating pressure as well as the levels, and top the fluids off if needed.
- Fan: Your fan blades will be inspected and cleaned, ensuring that they’re operating safely and properly.
- Valves: Finally, we’ll check all the valves in your air conditioner to make sure they’re providing safe, sealed connections between components.
If there are other issues with your air conditioner, we’ll take the time to let you know what’s wrong and what we will do to fix it. It’s always better to catch these issues before they worsen, so don’t delay—call Ken’s Comfort Zone Air Conditioning to schedule your cooling system inspection in Mabank, TX today. We’ll make sure you never have to suffer during the summer.
Categorised in: AC Maintenance
This post was written by Writer